FlightAware.com Launches Free Flight Tracking Services for Australia
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 04:30PM
Last updated 4 years ago.
For the first time ever, nationwide flight tracking, airport delays and status updates, real-time maps, and flight alerts are available for private and commercial flights throughout Australia.
HOUSTON AND SYDNEY - March 28, 2012 -- FlightAware today announced it is now offering nationwide Australian flight tracking for free on FlightAware.com for general aviation and commercial airline flights. FlightAware is the world leader in flight status/tracking and is the first company to offer individuals this service in Australia.
Free FlightAware.com services include:
- Nationwide Australian live flight tracking and status (private and commercial flights)
- Real-time maps with zoom/pan, map styles (e.g., satellite earth view), Google Earth integration
- Worldwide airport delays and airport status
- Mobile apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, WP7, Symbian)
- Flight alerts (via email, text message, Facebook, Twitter) including pre-arrival notifications
- Flight radar track log (time, latitude, longitude, speed, heading) with graphs
- Gate assignments, times, and delays for airline flights
- Aircraft photos for over 100,000 aircraft, live aviation news, and aviation email newsletters
"FlightAware's flight tracking technology and services are a tremendous tool for pilots, dispatchers, and airports, as well as airline passengers," FlightAware CEO Daniel Baker, said. "We are excited to be able to expand our reach and offer all of our services to the Australian aviation community."
FlightAware also offers commercial services for FBOs (FBO ToolBox) to streamline their airport handling operations, an API (FlightXML) for software developers to use FlightAware's live flight data and commercial reports for industry stakeholders, as well as premium accounts for power users.
Australian aircraft operators that do not wish for their flight details to appear on FlightAware.com can opt-out by contacting FlightAware. FlightAware also offers a commercial product for operators that opt-out but would like to retain secure, selective access to their flight details.ABOUT FLIGHTAWARE
FlightAware (flightaware.com) is the largest flight tracking, flight data, and flight planning company in the world. FlightAware was the first company to offer free flight tracking services for both private and commercial aircraft in the United States, Canada, and Australia. FlightAware provides flight tracking, flight data, and flight planning services to over three million people a month. FlightAware is privately held and has offices in Houston and New York.RELATED LINKS