Tier 2 Support Engineer—Flight Tracking
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for a Tier 2 Support Engineer to help us support our operations-critical data services for some of biggest names in the aviation industry. You could be a backend developer looking to get more client interaction or a support representative that has picked up some coding skills in their travels.
FlightAware processes over 180 million incoming messages an hour from over 22,000 individual data feeds—over 150 gigabytes a day and growing—to provide the best, most complete, and most accurate real-time flight-tracking service in the industry.
In this position, you’ll:
- Provide support for FlightAware’s data products. Interact with aircraft operators to understand and troubleshoot their problems, provide insight and guidance to developers, and close the loop with the operators.
- Proactively investigate complicated data quality issues and propose potential solutions.
- Communicate with flight tracking partners such as satellite tracking vendors to maintain communication, fulfill on our promises, help track down bugs, and develop new features.
- Contribute to the product knowledge base and disseminate information across the team.
- Serve as a knowledge source for internal and external clients.
- Work with our aviation sales team to answer technical integration questions from potential customers and remove roadblocks.
- Write technical communications and work effectively with our partners and customers to help make their solutions successful.
- You have knowledge of API development including RESTful, SOAP, and streaming endpoints.
- You have knowledge of common Unix developer tools such as: Python, Ruby, the terminal, shell scripting, SQL, etc.
- You have strong critical thinking and demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- You have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively.
- You have strong verbal and written communication practices. You have a demonstrated ability to communicate technical details to people of varying backgrounds and experience.
- You have working understanding of the aviation industry, or better yet, are a pilot or student pilot. The ideal candidate has working experience in the aviation industry.
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Tier 2 Support Engineer—Flight Tracking - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.