Tier 2 Support Engineer
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is searching for a Tier 2 Support Engineer to help us support our customer-facing API products. Using knowledge of web API technologies and scripting, this Tier 2 role will support FlightAware products for internal and external clients to ensure a smooth execution of their day-to-day API use. Must be a problem solver who can apply scripting solutions to address client needs, meet deadlines, and collaborate with internal teams to apply long-term solutions to close gaps. Tier 2 Support competencies should include API development, client relationship management, good time management, and a team-oriented, solutions-driven attitude. The candidate could be a backend developer looking to get more client interaction or a support rep that has picked up some coding skills in their travels.
In this position, you’ll:
- Provide support for FlightAware products.
- Troubleshoot client issues and suggest solutions.
- Contribute to the product knowledge base and disseminate information across the team.
- Assist with client on-boarding.
- Serve as a knowledge source for internal and external clients.
- Work with our aviation sales team to answer technical integration questions from potential customers and remove roadblocks.
- Write technical communications and work effectively with our partners and customers to help make their solutions successful.
- Knowledge of API development including RESTful, SOAP, and streaming endpoints.
- Knowledge of common web and Unix developer tools such as: Postman, Fiddler, Tcl, Python, Ruby, the terminal, shell scripting, SQL, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting applications.
- Strong critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively.
- The ability to communicate technical details to people of varying backgrounds and experience.
- The desire to work as both part of a team and independently.
- Ideally, you’ll have:
- Familiarity with the aviation industry.
- Practical experience with Tcl programming language.
Professionally, you’re driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently, seeking advice and direction from team members when needed, and plowing ahead to completion when the path forward is clear.
Being a pilot, or an individual looking to pursue his or her private pilot license, is a big plus.
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Tier 2 Support Engineer - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.