Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is looking for a talented, experienced, and technically savvy individual to lead our marketing efforts. As a leader in Digital Aviation and the largest provider of flight tracking services to the global aviation industry, FlightAware is a fast-paced, well-regarded, high-growth company that provides great products and has a fascinating story to tell.
The Marketing Director will be responsible for working with senior management to craft marketing strategy, and for managing a marketing team that can implement that strategy. The position will be involved with all aspects of marketing, including corporate messaging, product marketing, sales support, media strategy, branding and design, and more. The Marketing Director will also help to implement tools and processes that enable the company to efficiently manage work and measure the effectiveness of efforts.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the aviation industry and the ability to understand and articulate stories that resonate with a broad variety of technology-focused aviation audiences.
- Storytelling: Through words and visuals, communicate our story and our value proposition in an engaging way, to multiple audiences across multiple channels. Collaborate with senior management, sales, product and design to produce content that resonates with our audiences and drives them to action.
- Funnel: Devise strategies to help the company identify leads and generate additional demand. Help the sales team accelerate its efforts to get more potential customers into the funnel. Provide assistance in getting prospects through the funnel more quickly.
- Collaborate with the Product team to understand product goals, develop product messaging, and assist with product rollout.
- Collaborate with sales personnel across the globe to develop presentations and collaterals that properly position the company and help to close business. Document customer use cases and customer success stories.
- Work with the Design team and outside vendors to develop visuals that support the company brand, tell the company story, and describe the company’s products.
- Work directly with the CEO and the senior management team to flesh out story points and set objectives.
- Develop media strategy and manage media engagement. Develop relationships with media members, analysts and influencers that can help the company disseminate its story. The strategy should encompass all media touchpoints – traditional media, social media, owned media (website and other).
- Devise and implement outbound marketing strategies, including effective use of advertising.
- Assist with the preparation for and management of tradeshows.
- Implement processes and tools that help the marketing function to manage its efforts and measure its effectiveness (CRM, CMS, digital marketing, marketing automation).
- 5+ years of marketing success in a B2B technology environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of aviation and an affinity for the aviation industry.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically to maximize the value of the marketing function.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with CRM, CMS and digital marketing tools.
- Ability to work with a small team and wear multiple hats.
- Ability to build a cohesive marketing team and provide fulfilling work to all team members.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with other teams across the entire organization, and deliver services to those teams.
- Ability to work with and manage outside vendors (agency, video, etc.).
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with an understanding of the power of storytelling.
- Strong presentation skills, both in preparation and delivery.
- Good energy, good sense of humor, ability to persevere with grace when required.
High school diploma or equivalent, with some college and minimum of five years of job-related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or Communications preferred.
Salary varies based on experience and background.
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
We have fascinating engineering problems and have released a bunch of open source projects. We’re a fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant. This profile of us by 37signals is a good overview of who we are.
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: Marketing Director - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.