Flight Tracking Team Analyst
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
As the Flight Tracking Team Analyst, you will work with the flight tracking team that that develops and maintains FlightAware's software that integrates and interprets data from dozens of data feeds including air traffic control, third-party satellite and ground station tracking data, telemetry from our multi-thousand node sensor network, as well as data from airlines and scheduling authorities and produces a single coherent data feed that all downstream products use, including the FlightAware website, maps, commercial FlightXML and firehose data feeds, flight alerts, etc.
- Work with Flight Tracking Team project manager and software developers
- Interact with aircraft operators who had tracking problems with their flights to understand the problems, provide insight and guidance to developers, and close the loop with the operators
- Use FlightAware's website and internal tools to help analyze flights that had problems with their tracking data and results
- Communicate with flight tracking partners such as satellite tracking vendors to maintain communication, fulfill on our promises, help track down bugs, and develop new features
- Smart, curious and fairly gregarious
- Fearsome, tenacious problem-solving abilities
- Some background in aviation operations, preferably at an airline
- Strong understanding of relational data
- Strong business acumen with technical literacy
- Solid organizational skills with excellent verbal/written communication ability
- Worked successfully in a small company, entrepreneurial environment; must be a self-starter
- Some experience with SQL, scripting languages, and software development
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Flight Tracking Team Analyst - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.