Aviation Sales Executive
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
As a part of the aviation sales team, you will work directly for the Vice President of Sales and interact with aircraft operators, aviation service providers, and other aviation companies as well as the FlightAware engineering team to coordinate solutions to meet customers’ needs. The position’s primary responsibility is to sell FlightAware’s suite of aviation products to aviation service providers.
Responsibilities and Requirements
Represent, demonstrate, and sell FlightAware’s broad range of innovative commercial services to the aviation industry throughout the United States. Lead the entire sales cycle with aviation businesses (airlines, private aviation, and supporting third parties) from developing your own opportunities through prospecting, networking, and cold calling to supporting existing clients.
The right candidate will have the following traits and skills:
- Demonstrated ability to develop on-going professional relationships with customers.
- Able to clearly articulate, orally and in writing, business solutions for new and existing accounts.
- Fearless in making outbound sales and business relationship inquiries.
- Able to build and maintain strong and qualified sales pipeline.
- Strong business acumen with technical literacy.
- Strong organizational skills with proven time-management; ability to get things done.
- Able to travel up to 25%, domestic and international; must have a valid current passport.
Potential to move into a sales or product manager position in the future.
- Three years experience in sales of aviation services or data.
- Solid, fundamental understanding of how to use Internet/web technologies, even applications that you have never used before.
- Worked successfully in a small company, entrepreneurial environment; must be a self-starter.
- Pilot certificate (even student) a plus.
- Understanding of the FlightAware web site a plus.
Salary varies based on experience, education, and interest in performance-based compensation plans. Base salary plus commission
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application: Aviation Sales Executive - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.