Tier 2 Support Specialist (ADS-B)
Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
Join our world class team of aviation geeks and big data nerds! Our mission is to source data from around the world and turn it into information that empowers aviation.
FlightAware operates the world’s largest terrestrial ADS-B ground-station network, which collects real-time tracking information for aircraft across the globe. This data powers FlightAware’s industry-leading web, mobile, and data products that millions of travelers and aviation professionals rely on every day. As an IoT support specialist, you will be responsible for maximizing the uptime and coverage of our network and keeping our user base of enthusiasts and professionals excited and engaged.
- Provide technical support for ADS-B hardware and software issues.
- Troubleshoot client issues, recommend solutions, write bug reports, and escalate when necessary.
- Monitor company discussion forums and social media channels, join relevant conversations, and provide support.
- Proactively reach out to data sharers to help maximize receiver up-time and coverage.
- Maintain documentation and FAQs of common issues and resolution procedures. Communicate information across our team and user base.
- Experience troubleshooting applications.
- Customer support experience and a passion for helping others.
- Genuine interest in electronics and troubleshooting problems. Ideal candidates will have experience installing and configuring radio receiver equipment, preferably ADS-B equipment.
- Familiar with Linux or Raspberry Pi devices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Communicates effectively both face-to-face and in writing.
- Ideal candidates have an interest in aviation.
Salary varies based on experience and background.
- Eligibility for performance-based bonuses
- Matching 401(k)
- Company-paid employee medical, dental and basic life/AD&D insurance
We have fascinating engineering problems and have released a bunch of open source projects. Our kitchen is always stocked with snacks and beverages. You also get to use top-of-the-line Apple computers. We’re a fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant. This profile of us by 37signals is a good overview of who we are.
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Tier 2 Support Specialist (ADS-B) - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume in Adobe PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML format.