1. $19 is not minimum wage.
2. Flying commercially is, by regulation, a part time job
3. When did it become the accepted standard that a person starting a new job must make the biggest bucks?
4. No one is forced to be a pilot. If you don't like the salary then get another job.
5. The article doesn't indicate any per diem that is also paid in addition to the salary. This is often tax-free.
6. Why does more salary mean a safer pilot. After all, it's his butt that's also in the plane.
7. Why aren't the money-hungry leeches (i.e. union bosses)demanding more money. After all, it's a win-win situation for those scums of the earth Pilots get higher pay, union bosses get higher pay. Pilots strike and get no pay, union leeches still get high salaries.
It's amazing how everyone says their Congressmen are dong great. It's always the ones. Guess what? If this was true then we wouldn't be having the problems we are.
I can state without hesitation that my congress idiot is doing a lousy job.
This is just plain f**ing* BS by the Obama administration. There is NO reduction in the budget. It is a reduction in the increase of the budge. And it's only 2% spread out over a couple of years - 0.5% this year.
For those who voted for Obama - are you glad what you got? He's nothing but a narcissistic, condescending, socialist idiot.
That is Harry S (no - repeat NO) period. President Truman used S as a "place holder" for his middle name because he didn't have a middle name. I hope the Navy wrote it right on the ship.
Typical selfish union scum. They don't give a frigging thing about others. They don't care if they cost others time and money. The same <S>tupid and <E>xceptionally <I>diotic <U>informed jackasses staged a strike at the Port of Oakland. Did they care one bit that they were costing the truckers entering the port $500 a day or more? No. All they cared about was getting a free ride from the public. Heaven forbid they should actually pay a small bit for their own retirement!
Unions in the public sector need to go the way of the dodo bird - they need to become extinct!