Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
FlightAware is the largest aviation web site in the world (serving >100M pages/month). FlightAware needs talented and motivated IT professionals to reliably and consistently operate FlightAware's large infrastructure of FreeBSD servers and Apple desktops in Houston, New York, and London.
Reliably operate FlightAware's infrastructure. Design and build infrastructure components, networks, and datacenter deployments to support FlightAware's growth.
- Maintain and grow FlightAware global infrastructure. (FreeBSD servers, routers, custom software)
- Manage FlightAware Corporate IT systems and support internal users (OS X) in Houston and New York.
- Develop expansion and growth plans, purchase datacenter equipment.
- Serve on-call (24x7) for infrastructure or operational problems.
- Manage Asterisk VoIP PBX
Promotion opportunities to Senior Systems Engineer, Director of Operations.
- Strong UNIX skills (FreeBSD preferred)
- Cisco IOS familiarity
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Worked successfully in a small company, entrepreneurial environment; must be a self-starter
- Understanding of the FlightAware web site
Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Application: Systems Engineer". Attach your resume in PDF, Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or HTML format.